EDM-The weekend high:

EDM is the new High
Image courtesy: www.youtube.com
I still remember my first English song given by a friend of mine- Numb by Linkin Park. I was ecstatic about my priced collection and I used to play it on loop and try to imitate the energy of Chester Bennington. It was always tough to sing the lyrics, though, due to my beautiful English speaking and understanding skills.

In last two years, things have changed and the playlist which had Arijit Singh, Armaan Malik, Mohit Chauhan and Sonu Nigam soon shifted to Zedd, Dimitri Vegas, Skrillex, Tiesto and others. The main reason was to get away from same saggy love songs to something new and I found EDM my perfect exit.

The weekend is coming up and the mood is set for party and frolics (Skip this please!). Presenting you the different genres and the top five songs to make your own playlist:

Progressive House: This is probably the most recognised and popular genre of EDM. It includes verses, a buildup and drop. It’s perfect to start your evening. If you have heard The Chainsmoker’s Closer, you know what I am talking about. Here’s my list of Progressive house songs:

  1. Mad world by Hardwell
  2. All we know by The Chainsmokers
  3. Wake me up by Avicii
  4. Don’t you worry child from by Swedish House Mafia (My personal favourite)
  5. Clarity by Zedd (Grammy award winning)
  6. Hey Mama by David Guetta (Bonus: Listen to-What I did for love by David Guetta too)


Artists: Zedd, Avicii, Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta, Hardwell

Electro House: My personal favourite because you can experiment a lot in this. These songs are intense. Any Tomorrowland and Ultra fest followers will know how good this music is. The songs have pounding beats, intense buildup and repetitive rhythms or melodies. There are sub-genres to it like the Big room, Dutch House, Melbourne House etc but will talk about them later. I would suggest you hear Tomorrowland and Ultra fest shows but if you want singles then:

  1. Helicopter by Martin Garrix and Firebeatz
  2. Titanic by Steve Aoki
  3. Toulouse by Nicky Romero
  4. Tremor Dimitri Vegas, martin Garrix, Like Mike (God these beats)
  5. Turn up the Speakers by Afrojack and Martin Garrix (Garrix is the king)
  6. How we party by R3HAB and Vinai


I can just go on and on with electro Lean on by Major Lazer and DJ Snake


Artists: Steve Aoki, R3hab, Calvin Harris, Nicky Romero, Hardwell, Botnek and Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike.

Deep/Future House: I found it little mystical and dark. Clubs are famous for playing such songs, but having these songs in your personal playlist won’t hurt as they can be melodic too. Deep House is little calmer and melodic while Future is aggressive in nature. It’s like…hmmm…metallic, lots of bass and if you have heard Omen by Disclosure, you would know what I am talking about. Though I personally don’t prefer listening to this genre but still here’s my list of Tropical House:

  1. Wombass by Tiesto and Oliver Heldens
  2. Latch by Disclosure
  3. All I see by Bondax
  4. Adieu by Tchami
  5. Heaven by Drezo

Artists:
Oliver Heldens, Disclosure, Bondax, Tchami, Drezo, and Gorgon City.




Trap: Trap is Rap (I can rhyme too :P), but more electronic, more beats and seriously more drops. Marshmello is the king in this genre. Listen to his Keep it mello and you will understand what I am talking about. But others will be:

  1. Soundclash by Flosstradamus
  2. Runaway by Blau and Bright lights
  3. Revolution by Diplo
  4. Mind by Skrillex and Diplo
  5. Where are U now by Skrillex and Diplo
Artists: Diplo, Skrillex, RL Grime, Flosstradamus, and Carnage, Marshmello


Tropical House: This is one of the most calming ones. It’s a sub-genre of Deep House and also House mix. After you are drained out, reach out to Find Love by Matoma to chill, relax and end your party with smile and happiness.  Here’s my list of Tropical House:

  1. Reality by Lost Frequency
  2. Stole the show by Kygo
  3. Took a pill in Ibiza by Mike Posner
  4. Seve by Tez Cadey
  5. Firestone by Kygo


Artists: Kygo, Matoma, Clean Bandit, Lost Frequencies, Years & Years, Filous, and Tez Cadey.

There are other genres also, which I will cover in the next part with enhanced knowledge which I wish to receive from you guys.

I am still discovering this music stream and a novice by every standard. So reaching out to you, my people to help expand knowledge about EDM as well our playlist. Put down your suggestions below and will make a grand playlist for partying over the weekends. Till then #DiscoverNewInYou…


   

Comments

  1. woow thanks mate for sharing the list.. #EDMlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking the list..Feel free to add your favorites and forward the list to as many people as you can :)

      Delete
  2. good list, but what you think about indian regional songs like laila ka chabeela type

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..Thanks for the addition..Will be happy to listen to it too :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dream Vs Goal Encounter:

Startup-Sutra-2: How government can help?

The Rozabal Line by Ashwin Sanghi- A book review: